Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Empathy

A couple of weeks ago, both boys had intestinal issues.  So I pushed the rice and the toast hard.  This past weekend I wasn't feeling so well myself.

Nathan:  Mommy why don't you go lay down on your bed and relax.  I will bring you some toast. 
Mommy:  thank you sweetheart, I'll do that.

After bringing me the toast he got up into bed with me and said "  Mommy sometimes when I'm not feeling well you lay in bed with me and snuggle me. It makes me feel better. So i'm going to lay in bed with you and snuggle you to help you feel better." 

I do love this new empathetic stage that he's in.  Such a sweetie.

Of course, then he got sick with a high fever.  Two days later, Nicholas got the fever and last night I got the fever.  UGH!!! Nathan is back in school today and nicholas' fever seems to have broken.  I still have a low fever and major achiness and sore throat.  Maybe I should have kept nathan home today so he could snuggle me and help me feel better.  :)

No comments: