Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Nicholas' first year in preschool

Today we had nicholas' year end program. They sang a bunch of songs and did some movements an he actually did them. They had a cowpokes theme and came out in cute little hats with harmonicas. We've been talking about the program for a couple of weeks, telling him how much we were looking forward to hearing him sing. He has not sung or even stayed on the stage for the halloween, xmas, or easter programs. So we really talked it up. On the way there I asked him if he was going to sing and dance for us. He said there's no dancing. I said well hand movements then. He said "There's ZERO dancing!" So he did do the hand movements, but the part when they all had to stand up to do some full body motions... I guess that was too close to dancing. He refused to do that part. Very cute. Here's some video from this morning. There were a lot of songs using the same tune with different words. We heard many variations of I'm a little teapot and Frere Jacques.


Sorry for the bounciness on these videos, Nathan was trying to grab the camera out of my hand the entire time.


I thought this song was really cute but I didn't get the camera up in time so it's only the end of it. I believe it starts with mother's are for kissing (it was a mother's day song).

This was also one of my favorites.

Nicholas and his teacher. It was a nice program and I was so happy that he participated.

No comments: