Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kitties in the Bed

I have not let the new kitties in the bed so far. Our first two kitties, polly and morgan were allowed in the bed. And polly especially would sit on my head and purr all night long. Morgan was more of the catch your feet under the covers kind. Before kids, it didn't bother me too much, but after sleep became much more of a luxury, I got real tired of having kitties disrupt my sleep.

So the new kitties have had to suffer for the generation before. While I was away this weekend in DC, matt decided to leave the kitties up at night. When I got home he gleefully told me that he hadn't even known the kitties were there. That they mostly slept on the hope chest at the bottom of the bed. Ok I'll try it. Everything was going well until around 3AM when Reggie decided that my hair on the pillow looked like a ball of string and POUNCED ON MY HEAD!! He immediately went flying across the room. That did not deter him. It took three more pouncings until he finally gave up and left the room. They have since been booted once again from the bedroom. Oh well, at least we gave it a try.

Daddy had many activities for the boys while I was gone. So many that they were up late each night. I think they had a great time. But I guess itwas too much for nicholas. Yesterday afternoon he started acting very tired at the park. When I got him home I took his temperature (100.6). Not too high but not good for swim class. We stayed home and he seemed to rebound a bit and play at night. But then overnight his fever went up and he ended up in the bathroom coughing and spitting up. Poor little guy is still sleeping and it's 9AM. Hopefully this will pass quickly and hopefully Nathan won't get it.

I had a great time in DC. The weather was nice (even though we got caught in a thunderstorm) and we found a dress for suzanna. I can't wait to go back with the whole family and do some sightseeing.

Have a great day. Hopefully we will.

No comments: