Monday, September 07, 2009

Nathan the late (social) bloomer

I think Nathan may have started blooming... socially that is. He's always been a bit of a loner. Content to play by himself. He doesn't go up to kids and start talking to them. He's a bit shy and hides behind me when we talk to other mom's and kids or he just plays with Nicholas. But this past week, it's like a new Nathan took over. We went to the park three days this past week and each day he made a new friend. Of course, each day that new friend was his best friend. It was nice to see him go up to other kids and start talking, telling them his name, getting their names and playing. He just never does that and I was so proud of my little social butterfly this week. He's also very excited about starting kindergarten this week. His first day is on Wednesday. Last week we went to a curriculm night at the school and met his teacher. She seems very nice and I think they will get along. He says he wants to learn how to draw, how to read and play with new friends at kindergarten. Everyday for the past week he asks... is it my first day of school yet? I'm glad he's excited about it.

Nicholas is excited about his school too. He doesn't start until the week after but we walked up to his school this week and he was very excited about it. I'll be glad when we have some structure back in our days. It's great having a summer with no schedule but it will be nice to get back into a schedule again... of course I say that now and in about a month I'll say I'm tired of it all.

Have a great labor day.

No comments: