Well it's finally here. The little boy, who I have been passing off as 3 for about 6 months, is 3. Yesterday was a banner 3 year old day with much talking back, a few time outs, and a spilling of the cactus plant that is in his bedroom all over the CARPETED floor. I guess I shouldn't have let him have it in his bedroom in the first place, but he did spill it by trying to pull the mattress off of his bed while he was supposed to be having rest time. But today he's 3. Happy birthday little boy... Here's hoping today will be a better day.
We've had an exciting couple of weeks. We spent most of last week in my parent's pool. Nathan can now swim without his bubble on. Nicholas has absolutely no fear about jumping into the pool with or without a bubble. For most of the week nicholas would sink like a rock when we took the bubble off. It was almost comical because he really doesn't care about getting his face wet (unlike the other 3 boys) so he'd just jump in with out his bubble and start sinking with his eyes wide open and a big smile on his face. By the end of the week, nicholas was actually starting to swim short distances (with his head under water). He hasn't figured out how to lift his head up and breath while he's swimming but that will come.
We went to the philadelphia zoo and land of make believe last week as well and all the boys had a lot of fun. We also visited an emergency walk in center as well. Nicholas was playing with some toy and started screaming. No one saw what happened but it was a small pop up toy and we believe it popped up into his eye. He had a scratched cornea. He was great at the emergency center... they couldn't believe he was only 2. (See why I can pass him off as older). Then we went to the opthamologist the next day and by then the scratch was completely healed. They dilated his eye and found no trauma. So he's all better. Of course he would be our first emergency room visit. He's such a daredevil.
We've been relaxing at home this week. It was crazy hot in the beginning of the week and I thought we were going to have a horrible time. I made matt put in the air conditioner in our room and we rigged up a curtain to keep the cool air in the bedroom sections of the house. But by the next day it had already started to cool down. I guess that was it for summer. :) I'm not really complaining but maybe a few 80 degree days would be nice.
Last night nicholas went to bed early because of the terrible time he was having following rules. So nathan got to stay up and watch a video and then go to bed. Matt read him a couple of stories and then nathan came to find me to read one last story and tuck him in. He found me and as I was carrying him I asked if he wanted me to read him a story. He said " well... I AM 5 years old but you can still read me a story." I said, how about when you are 10 years old, can I still read you a story. He said "yes". Me : " How about when you are 15." He just kind of stared at me blankly at that point. But at least I got him till he's 10. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment