Last monday I was called for jury duty. I got picked to sit for a criminal case. They told us this was a capital murder case involving this guy and a 16 year old kid. Now I know I'm not the only one who heard 16 year old kid because while we were sitting in the room waiting for the lawyers to interview us someone mentioned that he bet one of the first questions was going to be do you have a teenager at home. This story hit the papers about 5 years ago and I didn't remember all the details. When it was finally my turn, the judge asked if I was going to be available on October 14th for about 5 weeks. I told him the truth, that my husband is living out of state, we have our house up on the market and once it sells I will be moving. That I had no idea when it would sell but that I would be leaving once it did. He said, thank you very much and you are released.
Today in the paper I saw this article. Turns out it wasn't a 16 yr old but a toddler. That this deranged man had killed his son (probably out of anger because the boy was refusing to eat dinner) three years earlier and had been carrying his body around in a suitcase for three years. THANK GOD I was not picked for that trial. I'm sure it would have given me nightmares and I don't think I would have been very impartial.
In other better news, we signed a contract on the house today. It's slightly less than what we wanted but the buyer is willing to wait until Jan 5th to close. This gives me more time to try to find a job, to save a little more money and time to move. Please don't ask where we are moving to. I have no idea at the moment. The best I can get you is eastern PA. Other than that I have no idea. I have about 2 more months before I start panicking about that one.
The boys are alternatively making me laugh out loud and then scream. All in the space of a few minutes. Nathan was arguing with me about something tonight and I just wanted him to brush his teeth. And he said no which made me very angry, but then he did this cute dance and got this little smile on his face. I knew he was just trying to play with me. I had to stop myself from laughing at him, and he knew it too. UGH!!!!
Nicholas is in his clumsy toddler stage. I feel like every time I leave him alone for 2 minutes, I hear screaming because he just fell over his feet and hit the floor. I had to take him to the doctor today because he got a bug bite over his eye yesterday and this morning his eye was all swollen. The dr gave me some antibiotics, which he immediately fought me about taking. And then this evening while I was cleaning up from dinner, nicholas grabbed my cell phone while I wasn't looking. My cell is in bad shape anyway but I was holding out buying a new one because t-mobile doesn't have good coverage in PA and I don't want to sign another contract (our contract is still for another year). Well, when I turned around, nicholas had two things in his hands, the top half of my phone in one hand and the bottom half of my phone in the other hand. Guess I need a new phone.
My wonderful husband knew I was having a rough week though, and sent me flowers with two balloons (one for each boy) and they were on our front steps when I got home. Such a sweetie.
I think that's about all. It's 9:15, the boys are asleep, the dishes are done and the laundry is going. I think I'll rest, till we do it all again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment