Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We have an Escapee

Well, it's official... Nicholas can get out of his crib. Yesterday morning, I was in the bathroom after my shower and I heard a whole bunch of crying. I opened the door to go get Nicholas and there he is standing in the hallway. He was pretty upset so I hoped that the fall out of the crib may have scared him enough not to do it again.

This morning I heard a door open while I was in the bathroom and I looked out and there was Nicholas so proud of himself standing in the hall again. Does this mean it's time for a big boy bed? UGH!!! I wanted him in the crib for as long as possible. He's not having trouble at night because he's so tired he just goes right to sleep. I'm more worried about naptime when he doesn't really want to go to sleep. The loss of the crib was the downfall of nap time for Nathan so we'll see this weekend if he stays in his crib at naptime or just gets out all the time.

I guess he really is getting bigger. I'm starting to be able to understand more and more of what he says. This morning in the car he kept wailing "I dropped it" over and over. At least I could understand what he was saying even if I couldn't do anything about it. Also those two year old tantrums are starting. Since turning two on Friday, we just started time outs for him and he has been on them twice in the past two days. He's trying out yelling. Just loudly yelling when I tell him to stop something. And what he finds out is that not only does he not get what he wants, he ends up on time out until he says sorry to mommy. He's pretty pathetic on time out. He just sits there and hangs his head and looks up pathetically at you. Then he slowly inches off of time out and stands pathetically in the middle of the room. I say are you ready to say sorry to mommy? He stands there and very quietly says "No". So he goes back on time out until he's ready to say sorry. After a few times he finally says "Sorry Mommy". But he so pathetic. No big crying tantrums.... just a hang dog look. He and Nathan are so different in that aspect. Over the top drama vs. quiet patheticness.

Nicholas can not say nathan so he calls him "heh heh". Nathan keeps telling him that his name is not "heh heh". Last night Nathan said, I'll be nicholas and nicholas can be "heh heh". So I started calling Nathan, Nicholas and they both got all confused. Silly boys. I'm going to have to see if I can get a clip of Nicholas saying Nathan.. it's so cute.

Have a great day

No comments: