Mark that date. It is a very important date in Nicholas' life. It is the first time he willingly ATE A VEGETABLE (that wasn't a pickle). We sat down for dinner and Matt put pork and mac and cheese and peas on his plate. At every meal since Nicholas' has been feeding himself (the last 14 months) we put a vegetable on his plate. Peas, brocoli, corn, carrots, green beans... whatever we are having. And he never touches them. Won't even put them to his mouth. If they accidently get into his mouth, he takes them out without swallowing. Well everyone was in a crazy cranky mood yesterday. The only thing Nathan would eat was the peas. And matt and I said I guess that's ok if he only eats his vegetables then fine. Then Nicholas asked for a spoon. I got it for him and he pointed at his peas. So I put a bunch on his spoon and gave it to him. And low and behold, he ATE THE WHOLE SPOONFUL! Then he said "yummy" and asked for more. He ate all the peas on his plate. He wouldn't touch any of the other food on his plate but those peas were just delicious. When matt and I got excited he just looked at us like we were out of our minds. Why did you not tell me that peas were delicious. Of course I would eat these, if only you had given them to me.
Now of course, he'll probably revert since we are so excited about it. But in an otherwise miserable day, there was one shining spot... Nicholas ate his vegetables. I knew one day we would prevail... if we just kept putting those on this plate one day he would try it. And that day was September 21 2008. He is 2 years and 1 month old. And he has just willingly ate his first vegetable.
No comments:
Post a Comment