Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What is going on in their heads?

Yesterday when I went to pick up nathan from daycare one of his teachers poked her head in the door to talk to me. She said they were outside this morning and a fire truck went by. Nathan came running over to her and tugged on her hand and said "Santa's coming". At Christmas time we were at Grandma's house and Santa usually comes around on a firetruck on the saturday before christmas. We listened and we heard the fire truck around town so we went outside and waited... and waited... and waited. While we could hear the firetruck with Santa on it, it never came our way. I guess nathan's still waiting for santa to come around on that fire truck.

Last night after our bath I was getting Nathan dressed for bed and we were talking. He tells me "Kaydid is sad" (that's nathan for Katie, a friend of our's from Pittsburgh that we visited here in CT a couple of weeks ago). I said
"why is Katie sad?"
Nathan: No, Not Kaydid, Kaydid's mommy.
Me: Katie's mommy is sad? Why is Katie's mommy sad?
Nathan: She said no.
Me: Katie's mommy is sad so she said no?
Nathan: Kaydid said no.
Me: Katie's mommy is said because Katie said no?
Nathan: Yes, Kaydid's mommy is sad.

No idea where that came from... but a note to Kaydid's mommy... nathan is very worried about you and he thinks you are still sad.

Yesterday while we were eating lunch I was being regaled with stories of the crazy things kids and especially boys do. From what i hear, my sister and I were pretty tame kids. It all started because I was telling everyone about how all the neighborhood kids have been at one of the neighbor's house the past couple of days because it's been nice and they have a trampoline. Well that started the story of an 8 year old jumping off a two story high deck onto a trampoline and bouncing right off onto the ground. Then followed the stories of climbing on the roof, swinging from the curtains (like tarzan), locking each other out of the house, chasing each other around with swiss army knives and then calling mom at work from the bathroom and telling her she needs to come home becuase the brother just stuck a knife in the door to get at you , running into each other's bedroom at 4AM and yelling fire and then taking a picture of a very disoriented sibling who is trying to climb out the bedroom window. These are the things we have to look forward to. And I thought I was tired now.

No comments: