This past Sunday we celebrated Christmas at our house. Nathan loved opening all the presents. He got a fisher price violin/guitar. He loves it. He also got a nice garage for his cars... nice but not as much fun as the violin. Really, though he usually has one of us play the violin while he plays along on the drum. That drum is the best gift he ever got I guess. It was a great morning. Nathan opened nicholas's gifts as well but then handed them to him which was nice. We had yummy pancakes and enjoyed our time together.
That afternoon we went to the Coast Guard Academy's holiday concert. They started playing right as we sat down (because we were late of course) and he was entranced for the next hour and a half. If the people sitting next to us didn't know which instrument was playing nathan sure educated them. Everytime a different instrument would take the lead he would tell me what instrument it was. He was pretty quiet about it so that was good. it was actually the kids concert so there were a lot of kids there and he definitely was not the loudest one. Nicholas was not impressed with the first song because it started out loud with timpanis and he was sleepy. Daddy took him out for a bit but then he was better and enjoyed the rest of the concert. They did a few songs from Peer Gunt, In the hall of the mountain king and Adrian's Dance (or Dragon Kite and Blue Kite from Little Einsteins as some of you may know it better, Nathan sure did and made sure everyone knew it). Then of course they played Sleigh Ride which he just loved. Only towards the end did he get antsy. At one point they had finished the second to last song and he said "all Done?" And I said they had one more song before we could go. And he started singing at the top of his voice "Go Go Go, Go for G" (a They Might Be Giants song), right in that silence between the end of the clapping and the starting of the next song. I don't think my hand has ever moved that fast to the mouth of my child. they didn't play Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring though, which right now is Nathan's favorite christmas song becuase the version we have goes through just about every instrument that he loves. He asks me to play it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again on the ride home... which is ok, it's one of my favorites as well.
Oh yeah and I went back to work on Wednesday. Fun huh. I'm just getting through my mail and getting things set for next year. Really I'm just here so i can get paid for the xmas holiday. We are heading to PA tonight. I made the mistake of saying we were going to see Grandma, Grandpop, Grammy, Pappy, and Connor (sorry, Logan, stacy and Tim but there's just too many people to say we have to see). Now whenever we get in the car and then get out of it he thinks we are at their houses. I keep having to explain to him that we will go after he goes to sleep 2 more times, (or 1 more time) but now the day is finally here. YEAH!! have a great holiday. Rest and enjoy your families. I know I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment