Wow, so much has happened since I last wrote. We had a very nice Christmas with all the relatives. I believe Nathan opened presents on 6 separate days. Anytime he sees a box now he's like "Present?" We all had a great time visiting with everyone and "relaxing" (in quotes because how much do you really get to relax with a two year old running around).
As many of you know, on this past Saturday we had a surprise party for Matt's graduation. I think we pulled it off. I don't think he had a clue until he walked into the room. Then he was really surprised to see all the different people there who had traveled to celebrate with him. It was great. Nathan got to meet Gage from Pittsburgh and all three (connor included) became fast friends. The cutest memory (of which I had no camera to capture the moment) was watching the three of them walking in a meadow hand in hand. Then connor (in the middle) started running and pulling the other two. Pretty soon they were all on the ground rolling around in the mud and giggling. It was great.
Yesterday was our first day back to work and school. Everything was wrong with Nathan in the morning. "I'm sleepy, I don't want to eat, I don't want to get dressed, I don't want to wear pants with zippers and buttons". Believe me, these are things that wear you down when you only got 6 hours of sleep under your belt. But the three of us finally got out the door. nathan willingly went into the daycare room. The other kids immediately came over and tried to give him hugs. Well he was definitely NOT in the mood for that. So I took his coat off and we went to play with the paint and then he wanted to play with the mailbox and grabbed my finger. Eventually I got it back and left without incident. Then it was time to drop Nicholas off for his first day. I dropped all his gear off and then told them his schedule and then I was outta there. Not too bad for a first day. When I picked Nicholas up he had only taken a 30 minute nap in the morning (usually 2-3 hours) and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. He had eaten twice which is what I was expecting. His teacher said he had a great day. He was smiling at everyone and they put him near a mirror mobile and he had the greatest time smiling at himself. When I picked Nathan up he saw me, said "YEAH", and then went back to playing. His teacher said he had a great day and after 5 minutes more of playing I had to coax him into his coat by telling him he could come back tomorrow and play. Then I was on my own for most of the night with the boys. Nicholas decided not to nap on the way home so he was pretty much exhausted by the time we got home. He didn't want to be put down (which is rare for him). I fed him at 6 and he was fast asleep by 7. Nathan was wired from having so much fun at school but he ate well for me, we played a bit and he was out by 8:30. I too was exhausted so I was out soon after 10. The house still looks like a tornado hit it but oh well. Sometimes you just need to relax. The stuff will get put away eventually.
I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things at work. I have my annual review this afternoon. Sounds like fun huh. Especially since the first half of the year I was transitioning out of my old job and the second half of the year I was on maternity leave. Not a stellar year for me but oh well.
Hope everyone had a great new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment