Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Glaring Omissions

Alison left out the two most important events of the weekend. First was the Great Escape. Saturday after the boys had been playing outside, we brought them in to get ready for dinner. After a couple minutes, we noticed that it was a little too quiet. I looked out the front window and saw two boys running around the yard, but no adult following after them. Apparently, one of them (we suspect connor, since nathan can't open doorknobs yet) opened the front door and they left. Of course I went right out to get them, at which point they started running down the street to where the big puddles are. Needless to say, they were in a bit of trouble when they got back in.

But the most important happening of the weekend (actually, it happened yesterday) was that I finally taught Nathan to give Mommy zerberts (you may know them as raspberries, or as a Russian political strategy). He and I took turns giving them to Mommy last night, which was hilarious for both of us. He would give Mommy a zerbert, laught hysterically, and then yell "Daddy's Turn!" Once I had given her one, he yelled "Nathan's Turn!" and the process started again. To date, this may be my greatest accomplishment as a father. Sadly, there are no pictures of this - yet.

No comments: