My parents with Stacy, Connor and Logan came to visit this weekend. They came up Thursday late afternoon and left Monday morning. I got home soon after they pulled into the driveway. And here's the surprise... we got a new car. We hadn't talked about it because we wanted it to be a surprise. WE got a 2006 Honda Odyssey and I just love it. It's a great car, very spacious and very comfortable to drive in. So of course everyone is surprised by the car. Plus it can fit all 8 of us in one car. Pretty neat huh. Anyway, Nathan and Connor immediately started playing. They had a great time together. We were even able to get them to sleep in the same room (with AC, very important for toddler sleeping conditions) overnight. The one time we tried to put them down for a nap together about 5 minutes after we left, Nathan was jumping on his bed and Connor was jumping on his mattress and they were giggling and having a great time. On Friday we went to the Roger Williams Zoo. We all had a pretty good time although it was a bit hot. We took the strollers but pretty much used them to carry our backpacks. The boys (except logan of course) walked through the majority of the zoo. They loved the animals but they especially enjoyed the wall of water that all the kids were playing in. We left there around 2 and headed home. Both boys fell asleep in the car but only one boy stayed asleep once we got in the house (Nathan). Connor immediately woke up and was ready to play more, even though you could see in his eyes that he was exhausted. Nathan slept till around 5PM.
They still had a great time playing together when he woke up. Saturday it was raining on and off so we went to the Mystic Park to play. I went to do a little grocery shopping. When I got back we had lunch and it started to pour on us. WE thought we could wait it out but it just got worse and worse. A railroad runs through mystic pretty close to the park. After Connor heard the second train go by he refused to leave the gate to do anymore playing, afraid he would miss the next train. So when it started pouring and the next train hadn't come through we promised him we would sit in the car at the train station and wait for the next train. Which we did and luckily we only had to wait a few more minutes. Then we headed home (~20 minutes). Stacy tried desperately to keep the boys awake on the way home so they would sleep once we got there. Connor was so pathetic... talking while his eyes slowly closed. Nathan couldn't handle it and fell asleep about 5 minutes from home. We got them home, changed their wet clothes and tried to put them to bed. This was the day of the jumping on the beds so obviously that didn't work. Still they were in a good mood mostly so we felt we could take them to the DCI competition that night. They loved it. Even logan was entranced. Nathan especially loved the drums and the marimbas. We didn't get there till 7:30 though so we didn't stay too long and headed for home. Another good night of sleeping.
Sunday it was raining again ruining our chances of going to the pool park or the beach. We did go to the N. Stonington Park in the morning. Then home for lunch, played a little more and time for nap. This time connor finally zonked out ( after 3 days of no nap) but Nathan refused for the longest time. Finally we let him scream it out for about 15 minutes and then Daddy with the magic touch finally put him down. They were both awake by around 5PM. We had a yummy dinner and the boys played a bunch more until bath and bed time. They had a great time in the bath (pictures to follow).
We watched two movies that day, Family Stone and War of the Worlds. Matt would tell you both were losers. I thought WOW was ok as mindless fluff but FS was kind of a downer.
Monday Nathan and I left for work and school. I tried the best I could to prepare him for the fact that everyone would be gone by the time we got home. When I picked him up from daycare yesterday I said it's time to go home and he said "Go see Connor". Once again I explained that they weren't going to be there. When we pulled into the driveway he saw Daddy's car and then asked "where's pappy's car?". Then we got into the house and he started calling for Connor. Finally we got him interested in something else for a while. While we were waiting for dinner to finish, Matt changed the batteries in the garage door opener and then tested it from inside the house. Nathan heard the garage door open and started in on the "Connor, Connor" again. Last night when I put Nathan to bed after a couple of books he sat up and said "Where Connor". So I guess he enjoyed connor this weekend.
All in all we had a great time. Right now i'm exhausted though. Only 5 more working days left (Tues-Fri, then Mon). I'm going to take full advantage of my 3 weeks of resting... because after that I won't have any rest for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment