That's the way I felt most of the weekend. Saturday wasn't too bad in the afternoon because the sun was behind the clouds most of the afternoon. We went to visit the Jacobs and Warners in Glastonburry and take advantage of their pool. Nathan absolutely loved the pool this time. I thought he wouldn't enjoy the deepness of it but he liked jumping up and down on daddy's legs. Then he would get out, run over to the kiddy pool and play in that for a while before jumping back into the big pool. And I really enjoyed being mostly weightless for a while. If only i could live in the pool. But because of all this playing he didn't take a nap. Katie did but nathan refused to even sit still for 5 minutes let alone take a nap. He actually did pretty well for not taking a nap. He refused to eat dinner and he had a hard time following the basic rules sometimes but he wasn't whiny and cranky. We actually left there pretty late and no sooner were we out the driveway than he was asleep. He was up again at 7AM the next day though ready to play. He didn't eat much for breakfast and then when we were all ready we went to the North Stonington Fair for a little while.
Last year, Nathan liked the horse show but this year the horses got a little too close for comfort so we didn't stay at the ring for very long. Then he was scared of the cows and the bleating goats had him on edge. We walked through the game section and the barkers scared him. So finally we just decided to leave. It was punishingly hot. I was feeling pretty crappy and nathan just looked blah as well. We spent maybe an hour there and we were ready to go. We got in the car and cranked the AC for the 5 minute ride home. Then when we got home we turned on the AC again. Well about 5 minutes after we got home he was up and running around again playing while matt and I had both of our chairs sitting directly in front of the AC just cooling off. We had lunch (which nathan would not partake of) and i took a cool shower which actually revived me. Then around 1 I started to put Nathan down for a nap. We read some stories and then he was very clingy but instead of falling asleep he just kept looking at me. So I just left with him pathetically calling for mommy. But as soon as I closed the door he was silent. I then went to visit a friend who lives over an hour away to see her new baby. I lost track of time there and when I called matt at 5:30 to say I would be on my home soon, he told me Nathan was still sleeping. When I called again at 6 to say we were on our way he was just going to wake him up then. They had a nice big dinner when he woke up and by the time I got home they were playing and having a great time. We played for a while and then had a bath and he was back in bed by 8:45. He slept till 6:15 this morning. I guess we just wore him out this weekend. He's been in a pretty good mood though even with all the heat. I on the other hand am pretty cranky about the heat.
My goal is to remain in air conditioner for as much of the day as possible for at least the next two days. I've even taken to walking the long way around campus just to stay inside. They have high heat indexes for the next two days (>100) so I just want to stay cool. I don't know what I would do without AC at all. UGH!!!! Stay cool everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment