Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mommy's Music Sucks

Two days ago, I brought my ipod into my office with me. Usually I leave it in the car because I am notoriously forgetful and I'd rather have it in the car. But Matt had taken Nathan to school and i was listening to some artists that I wanted to keep listening to while I was at work. Well of course I forgot my ipod at work when I went home that night. I didn't pick nathan up from school that day because I had a dr's appointment. So it wasn't until the next morning that Nathan realized he would not be able to listen to the Wiggles on the way to school. I had NPR on when we got into the car and the first thing he says is "Toot, Toot Big Red Car," which is the first song we MUST listen to when we get in the car. I try explaining to him that I don't have the wiggles with me. He's ok for about 1 minute and then he tries again. This time with a loud "Wiggles" and a one arm punch into the air. He does this about 15 times while I again explain to him that I don't have it but I will turn on the radio (because I have no CD's in the car now that we have the Ipod). So I turn on some top 40 radio station and he calms down in the back seat. A few minutes later I look in my rearview mirror and there he is sitting calmly in the back seat.... with his fingers in both his ears. Ah the sarcasm... takes right after his daddy. So I turn off the radio completely and he takes his fingers out of his ears and he chills out the rest of the way to school. That is Nathan's commentary on the state of pop music today....I'd rather have silence.

No comments: