Thursday, May 04, 2006

Puddle Mucking

It's been raining here for the past two days. Sometimes light, sometimes heavy. I got nathan a new raincoat and boots that have frogs on them. He loves his boots, the raincoat he could do without but I tell him if he wants to wear the boots he has to put on the raincoat. On Tuesday I decided to leave the boots at school thinking they had a higher probability of going outside and playing in the puddles than we did. I have not been carrying Nathan much anymore since he tends to use my stomach as a shelf to put his knees. So when i got him out of the car on Tuesday I put him down in the driveway and started walking toward the house. He immediately went to the puddles in the driveway and started jumping in them, in his regular sneakers. He was having such a great time I couldn't stop him. His shoes were wet, his socks were wet and his pants were wet but he didn't care. The puddles were great. The shoes were still wet the next morning for school but since he only has one pair of sneakers without holes in them... they had to do.

Yesterday I put the boots on him when we left daycare figuring we would have a replay of Tuesday. Of course, that day he just immediately runs into the garage ignoring every puddle. Eventually he found a few puddles but he definitely was not as infatuated with it as the day before. Kids... just when you think you've outsmarted them. UGH!!!

No comments: