Thursday, April 27, 2006

The battle of the coat

Nathan has figured out how to unzip and take off his jacket by himself. As I've read on multiple baby websites, this is a skill he should be learning and he's actually a tiny bit advanced for learning it now. Well guess what... this means that now we can't keep a coat on him. We fight and fight to get the coat on and then I turn around for two seconds to pick something up and the coat is off again. It doesn't matter how chilly it is outside, he'd rather go without a coat. And the same thing happens at daycare. They've even told him he can't go outside to play unless he puts his coat on and so he just happily plays inside instead. I don't understand the horrors of a coat especially since I like to be warm but who knows what's going through that little head. So I've pretty much given up on the coat. At least the zip up kind. I think I'm going to have to invest in some sweatshirts since he hasn't yet learned how to get those over his head. The only good thing is that he is learning this as we are nearing the end of coat weather. At least he didn't learn this in the dead of winter.

This is going to be a post about clothes apparently. For Christmas, Nathan got a pair of sesame street shoes that have elmo and cookie on them. The sides of the soles light up when he walks and he loves this. I was wondering what i was going to do when the battery went dead on those shoes. Well apparently that's not something I should have been worrying about. Earlier this week I noticed that not one, but both of the shoes have big holes in the toes. This is probably from overly enthusiastic playing on tricycles and push toys. I guess it's time for a new pair of sneakers after only 4 months. Oh well. It's getting to be sandal season anyway. Hopefully :)

No comments: