Saturday, December 10, 2005

What a busy week

I tried 3 times (unsucessfully) to post this week. Things were just very busy at work this week. Anyway, Nathan had a pretty good week at daycare. He did bite another friend this week, fighting over toys. The next day I walked into daycare and I was around the corner when I heard one of the other moms and the teacher talking. The teacher was saying something to the effect of "I don't know why some kids do it and some kids don't, might be something in the temperament"... then I hear the mom saying, "my husband wants to take him out and leave him with his mom." So obviously this is the kid that Nathan bit yesterday, unless they had a rash of biting, which could also be the case. And it's one of the boys he loves to play with. The mom was understanding and said she knows it just happens and not to worry about it (to the teacher). but I felt soo bad. Now the mom doesn't know which child bit her child and I wasn't going to tell her. But I still felt really bad about it. Then when I go to pick up Nathan yesterday the teacher said that Nathan and this same little boy were so cute today because they were holding hands and dancing. That made me feel better... that at least there weren't any hard feelings by the other little boy.

This morning, we found part of the reason for the bite. When he woke up at 6:30 he was screaming and screaming and nothing would calm him down. He had his hands shoved halfway back his throat so he's obviously teething. He had the diaper rash the past few days so it all fits. I finally shoved some motrin down his throat and about 15 minutes after that he just stopped. None of this wimpering and slowly down business. Right after a full fledged howl into daddy's shoulder he just turned around and stopped and asked for his milk. So since he was calm and it was daddy's morning to be up with him I went back to sleep. I woke up at 8:45 to an eerily quiet house. I walked downstairs and there on the couch are daddy and nathan ... sleeping. I asked how long they had been asleep and daddy said pretty much from the time I went back upstairs. They are still sleeping now and it's 9:30. I hope we still get an afternoon nap today but I doubt it.

Have a great day everyone... keep warm.

No comments: