Monday, August 29, 2005

One Day MORE!!!

I feel like the last scene of Act I of Les Miserables, singing about the anticipation of the next day. That's right, tomorrow Matt finally comes home. It's a week and a half since we've seen him. We've really missed him. Nathan has taken to running around the house yelling Da Da. One night I said "Let's call Daddy" and he started yelling Da Da, like Daddy was just hiding around the corner and if we yelled loud enough he would come out of hiding. He doesn't understand why daddy doesn't just come out of that phone that holds his voice. I don't think i could do this single mother thing for much longer. IT'S HARD!!! Plus I seem to have lost my long term memory. I must have gone to the store THREE times before I finally remembered to pick up the MILK which was the main purpose of going to the grocery store every time. I blame it on daddy not being home. :) COME HOME SOON, we miss you.

Yesterday Lucy arrived to help me with Nathan today (long story short, Daycare couldn't take him today because it's not a day that he normally goes in and I have very little vacation time left). Soon after she got there we went to Schemitzun which is right down the road from us. It was late so they weren't charging to get in anymore which was good because all the dancing had finished already. But there were a lot of Indians walking around in their ceremonial dresses. Nathan was fascinated. Then a band from Ecuador started playing their flutes and stuff and he loved it. He just sat on Lucy's lap for the better part of an hour watching the people walk by in their costumes and listening to the music. Then he decided to get into the action as well and started dancing and clapping. He had a great time. We got to eat some buffalo meat and had an indian taco. YUMMY!! Looked at the crafts. Lots of jewelry but not much in the way of crafts. Oh well. We did get Nathan and Connor a noisemaker though. Nathan loved that. The whole way home he was playing with it. By the time we got home and took a bath he was exhausted.

Today he's at home with Lucy. I'm sure they will have a great time together. They are going to come in and have lunch with me today. Should be fun.

Well time to get started on my To Do list. Have a great day.

No comments: