That's the weather this weekend. Hot and 100% humidity. It's like a tropical rain forest. YUCK!!!
We thought Nathan's sleep problems had been nicked. He slept well thursday, friday and Saturday nights. THEN came last night. He woke up around 1 and kept waking up every 15 to 30 minutes until 4:45. Needless to say I was NOT going to get up at 5AM like usual. So i slept in and then bolted awake when I remembered that I had a dosing this morning which I was supposed to deliver by 7:30. Whoops. So I quick took a shower and ran out the door... only to forget my badge in Matt's car. So I had to stop at the visitor's center to get in. I finally made the formulation and delivered it like 45 minutes late. When I got there he said, didn't I tell you I need vehicle control as well. UGH!!!! Luckily he just walked back with me to pick up the vehicle becuase I would not have been pleased to run all the way back to my lab and then back to his lab again. Anyway, this is not turning out to be a good day.
Nathan of course slept in till 8:30 this morning. UGH!!! i don't know what the problem was. After a while I just turned off the monitor. With the air conditioners running you really can't hear him. When he got loud enough to hear, matt or I would just go in and lay him back down and pat his back and leave. He would fall asleep and then about 15 minutes later wake up again. And i went to bed early becuase I was tired to begin with. So now i'm really tired.
We had a great weekend with Randy and Elizabeth and Katie and E's parents. We went swimming in the pool. Let me just say that there is a front and back to those little swimmers and don't mix them up. Not pleasant. I think Nathan enjoyed the pool. He had a good time playing with Katie's toys and they even shared a few back and forth, which is good progress for Nathan.
Nathan has really learned how to clap his hands. He's actually clapped his hands for a while but never on cue... just when he felt like it. Well this weekend he would clap his hands when i would sing "If you're happy and you know it". Then he would get this huge smile because he was so proud of himself. He also loves giving Daddy kisses (hugs for mommy only, no kisses). He's been very clingy this weekend. I couldn't even go upstairs to the bathroom without him crying even though Daddy was in the room. Then we were playing in Nathan's room and daddy left and he started crying again. I guess he didn't want either one of us to leave him.
I did receive Harry on Saturday. I heard the mail man come so I went right out after he left. He was just down the street at someone else's house and I heard someone down the street saying "Harry's here, Harry's here". It made me smile. Matt is almost finished with it (Yes I let him read it first since he reads so much faster than I do.). He says it might just be his favorite. I've decided i need to read the last 200 pages of book 5 before I start on book 6. unfortunately I keep falling asleep after reading like 10 pages. This could take a while.
Have a great day everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment