Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Extreme Home Makeover Kern Style

We had a great weekend. My parents and Stacy and Connor arrived on Friday and we all just hung around and played with the kids. Saturday we started in on the gardens. Pulled a lot of green filler stuff out, put up a wall around the one section of the front and planted some flowers. We also redid the small flower garden around the mailbox. Pictures will follow. The gardens look sooo much nicer now. Now all we have to do is buy more bricks and put up the wall on the other sections as well. Hopefully we can get that done by ourselves this weekend. Bricks weigh a lot you know. My poor car was using all of it's cylinders to get home and that was less than half the total number of bricks we'll need to complete the project.

Saturday night we went out for ice cream again. Once again Nathan refused ice cream. He will never believe it when he gets older. Sunday we went to Somewhere in Time for breakfast. Then in the afternoon we went to Niantic to walk along the boardwalk and then play on the beach for a while. The boys LOVED it. I really liked that beach. At the time we were there, there was hardly any one else there so the boys had plenty of room to run around and play. Well Connor had plenty of room to run around and play. Nathan would kneel in one place and play with the sand and seashells for a while. Then he would move a few feet and play with the sand and seashells there. He liked it when we covered up his feet. Connor loved the ocean and wanted to keep putting his feet in it. Nathan was ok with the ocean but when the "big" waves came he would back up into me pretty quick. Well it's not really the ocean. We were in a bay and the water was actually the LI Sound but close enough.

Monday, we went to the park in the morning. Then matt and I went to a friend's wedding. It was very nice. The ceremony was held outside and it was very hot but we had a very good time. The place was very nice and the bride looked beautiful. I hear Nathan and the family had a good time while we were gone as well.

All in all, a very fun weekend. I'm exhausted though. I need a few days just to rest up. Yesterday Nathan woke up with his eyes glued shut. i think it was because we had not given him his Benedryl in a few days and his allergies were bad. So I gave him his Benedryl and took him to school. He slept the whole way in to school. When I got there I put him in his crib and he slept till 10AM. Then he woke up , they changed his diaper but he still looked sleepy. So they put him back in his crib to wake up and he fell asleep again from 10:15 to 11:30. He never even had breakfast. So he had lunch and played for a while and then he fell asleep again around 3:30 and was still sleeping when I picked him up at 5. He went to bed around 8:30 last night. So all in all he was only awake for about 7.5 hours yesterday. It's a tough life.

Went to a picnic yesterday after work. A friend of mine who used to work with me is in from Kansas so we all got together to see her. Also another couple from work who had a baby 3 weeks ago brought the little one out for all of us to meet. I can't believe Nathan was ever that small. I held the little one and he was so light and he wasn't wriggling all over the place. It was a totally different experience than holding Nathan now.

Thank goodness it's a short week. Have a great day.

No comments: