Well it's happened. Nathan received a popper yesterday from somone. It was sent directly to our house. As soon as I got it out of the box he was walking all over the house with it. At one point he picked it up to get it back in front of himself and banged it down on the floor. The dog just happened to be standing in front of him and the noise scared her. So she flinched and put her ears down. Well that was just hilarious to Nathan. Before I knew it he was chasing Susie all over the house banging the popper on the floor (which is loud and makes me jump as well) then giggling hysterically when she would run away from him. Here's a small snippet of what I was hearing.... BANG!! ... HEHEHE... BANG...HE HE HE.... BANG..... HE HE HE.
Finally I had to lock Susie downstairs to stop the torture. Then Nathan figured out that Polly is just as scared of him banging that popper on the floor so he started chasing her around with it. Eventually Matt came home and let Susie out of the downstairs and Nathan started chasing her around again with that popper. So we tried putting her upstairs. There's a gate across the steps at the bottom. We thought if she could see us she would be less upset to be locked away from us. WRONG. This is where I lose my sympathy for Susie. SHE JUMPED OVER THE GATE to be with us. Of course as soon as she did Nathan started chasing her again. Finally it was time for dinner and the torture could stop. So Thanks BILL, it was a most enjoyable evening. At least Nathan finds it amusing.
4 comments:
Good job Bill! haha! I'm glad Nathan got the gift of his dreams!! I just didn't want to be the one to do it since they could reciprocate with an equally annoying toy for my kids. (Although I still don't see what's so annoying about a popper! It's the Dirt Devil play vacuum that is REALLY annoying!)
They could do the same to me, but alas Gage's birthday is past and Christmas is so far away. I will have to find some way to make it up to the animals.
Peronally, I found it almost as amusing as Nathan did. Oh, and thanks Bill & Terri for NOT getting the one that makes extra noise.
Gram says -- first I chuckled, then giggled and then outright laughed. Thanks Bill for something I wanted to do but I guess I didn't go to the right store. Sorry Alison,you should write a book. You would be good at it. Gram would buy it. Nathan, thamks for showing your personality and entertaing us Wow, does your daddy look different!!He sure does look "KOOL". I'm with you Matt. The Popper doesn't bother me and makes for lots of entertainment. Be sure to check the trash so the Popper isn't thrown away -- by accident of course. Love you guys.
P.S. since our "Kids" days are over, we have no fear of retaliation. Isn't it great to be a Gram and a Pap.
Post a Comment