Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Stubbies

The stubbies are back. Many of you won't understand this reference, but a few of you will. Between my sophomore and junior year of college my family visited Jamaica. While there I got a hair rap... just on one small chunk of hair. When I finally took it out the hair was all dead and nasty so I cut it off. It took forever for that hair to grow back in. It just stood up on the top of my head. Even after it grew in when I pulled my hair back in a ponytail or barrette there was a still a bump on the top of my head where that hair just wouldn't lay flat. My Friends took pleasure in pointing out my stubbies and trying to push them back down on my head.

A few weeks ago I got my hair cut pretty short. Since then I have been using "product" on my hair. Some sort of volumizing thing you are supposed to put on the roots of the hair. I guess I missed the roots a few times. Let me tell you what happens when you get this stuff in the middle of your hair. When you blow dry your hair the product gets hard and then your hair breaks off... in chunks!!!! I've got three or four patches of stubbies now because of this. One of them is actually pretty close to the spot that the original stubby was at. Ah, what we won't do for beauty. Needless to say I have taken a break from that product.

The parent teacher conference went well. They say he is developing just fine. They keep a really nice binder on him with records of all the milestones he hits and when he hits them. There are a whole bunch of pictures in there that we had not seen before. It was really nice.

Time to work. Have a great day

No comments: