Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What a weekend

As many of you probably know already, Nathan got very sick on the way to PA this past weekend. When we picked him up from daycare the teacher warned us that there was a stomach bug going around. About 2 hours later we saw the evidence of this all over the back of the car. Needless to say that was an interesting trip home. The weekend was full of fluids both going in and coming out. He had a high fever that Tylenol wasn't even touching until Sunday. Monday morning the fever was gone but then fluid explosions were still occurring. Today there was much less explosions. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be able to eat some more solid food. Today was the first day of solids since Friday... Just a bit of cereal and veggies. Daddy is home with him tomorrow and hopefully he will be in a better mood than he has been the past week.

Other than that we had a good Easter holiday. Spent the weekend with relatives. And while Nathan wasn't feeling well he was very snuggly so he got lots of hugs and kisses.

It was a beautiful day today. It was about 65 outside and sunny. I just had to get out and take Nathan and the dog for a walk. It was getting close to naptime but we went anyway. Nathan was in the back pack. I let Susie race around the yard before we started out. Usually this elicits giggles from Nathan but no such luck today. So we started out. There is this one spot that Susie usually goes to the bathroom at. We got there and she starts to do her business and what do I hear? The faint sound of giggles coming from my back. I guess poop is funny even at this early age. He must be getting better if he finds that funny. He was practically asleep by the time we got home and took a 2.5 hour nap after that. Gave me some time to get some work done. I got the work laptop up and running with our high speed connection from home and actually got a bunch of things accomplished.

Well that's about all for now. Hopefully Nathan will be feeling back to his old self soon. It will make all of us feel better once he does. I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I have soo much to do. I'm just glad that my job is flexible enough that I can take this time when I need to. Have a great night

No comments: