We made it home safe and sound last night from a wonderful visit with the relatives. Nathan showed off all his new skills and got tons of hugs and kisses. Connor showed off his new walking skill. Somehow he seems to have went right from learning to take a few steps to running. Nathan was watching very carefully... I told him not to even think about it. We all had a great time. Nathan slept for 3 hours in the car ride home then just played for a bit in the car before telling us he was starving. All in all an uneventful car ride home which is always nice.
Woke up this morning to about 3 inches of snow already. UConn canceled classes today so Matt and Nathan are spending some quality time at home. I unfortunately had to come in to work for an early morning dosing. At least I'll get to leave early. Hopefully I'll get out of here before the freezing rain starts.
Remember how I said I was being so productive on Thursday, multitasking, getting things done. Well, either I or Diana jinxed me. After I wrote that Diana (a former coworker) sent me an email admonishing me to take it all back because the Pfizer Gremlins will now work overtime to thwart my efforts at productivity. Well she was right. I set up a 60 vial run on Thursday afternoon (even stayed late to do it) to run over the weekend. This run should take about 48 hours to complete. I expected to come in today and just start analyzing data. I came in this morning to no data at all. For some reason the run didn't start, even though I know I had pushed start and there was no error on the machine. Plus the whole thing had shut itself down without me (no power outage I checked that). Seems like after I left someone just came in and pushed stop. Must be those gremlins. Oh well I have plenty of other things to do. Diana you were right I will never brag about being productive again.
Have a happy President's Day everyone. Try to stay warm. Spring is only a few months away.
No comments:
Post a Comment