The snow storm yesterday kept Nathan and Matt at home together. By the time I got home, Matt definitely needed some peace and quiet. Nathan seems to have a slight cold (low fever, stuffy nose) and is not at all happy about it. Nothing seems to be able to make him feel better, not holding him, not letting him play alone, not changing his diaper, and definitely not eating.
After our bath last night he was still cranky as I changed his diaper so I started singing to him and he immediately stopped crying and started smiling. I would stop singing and he would start cranking again... then I'd start another song and he'd start smiling again. I hope I can think of enough songs to keep him entertained.
Nathan had another fever this morning when he woke up so no daycare for him. Matt is home with him this morning and I'm taking a half day to relieve him so he can get some work done. Have I mentioned that I'm done with winter and all the sickness it brings.
Speaking of which, yesterday at work we were talking about how in CT they have a winter break (usually this week beginning with president's day). They also have a few days off around Easter as well. We were commenting on how unusual this was. A long time CT resident said that they tried to get rid of this break a number of years ago. What happened was a marked increase in the number of sick days that the kids were taking during the years that they got rid of the winter break. So winter break has returned. I think the whole state should adher to this advice and we should all take off a week mid winter and keep our germs to ourselves. All the public places could be disinfected and we could start anew. Are you with me on this? We could all go to the Bahamas for a week. Sounds like a plan to me.
Stay well and rested
No comments:
Post a Comment