I think we are on the right track. Today is Day 5 of Nicholas' adventures in pooping on the potty. Starting on Monday he just started pooping on the potty. So well that by Wednesday he actually got to wear pants all day long. :) Yesterday we were playing outside and a big plop of poop fell out of his pants but that's the only accident he's had all week. I hope we can keep this up. His reward for pooping for a week on the potty?... orange juice. You see both of my boys had bad reactions in their diapers when they drink orange juice. Major sore bottoms. So Nicholas has not been allowed orange juice for about 3 years now. But if he doesn't need to wear pullups anymore, then the OJ is back.
Nathan told matt this morning that he wants balloons, a pinata, games, cake and presents at his birthday party. Not sure where the pinata came from. Also not sure if he thinks he's having a friend birthday party (he's not). He said he wants to give logan and cousin connor one present for this birthday. He just gave me his birthday list including a real rocket that you put your foot on and it goes up up and away and a moonbounce (which we don't have room for). Actually most of the things he put on his list were things I had thought he wanted anyway (horse shoe magnet, magnifying glass, scooter, TAG books, legos that build things with people). Then there were the things I knew he wanted but I wasn't really crazy about (My friends tigger and pooh changing tree with all the characters and lightening mcqueen race set). He's been asking for those things since christmas but I thought he might forget about them. I've seen them in the store and from the reviews they dont' seem well made... plus it's something he'll probably play with for a week and then never play with again. So do we get them because it will make him really happy and he hasn't forgotten about them for 6 months, or not because I know in a few months it will just be taking up space. He also put a kitty on the list but when I told him that daddy says he should wait a few years until he's older, he seemed fine with that and asked me to cross it off his list.
So we are going to the toy store today to let him see what things he really does like. He's obviously not going to get everything on his list so we have to go and see what things are his favorite. This is again something we've been promising for a while. Everytime we drive past the toy store, he asks if it's close enough to his birthday to go in yet.
Should be exciting. Have a great weekend everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment