It's been one week since the potty training started going well (as opposed to the past 3 months were he really was pooping in his pants everytime). In the past week, we have had three poopy accidents, no pee accidents and he's been dry overnight pretty much all week. In fact last night he wore underwear instead of pullups and he was dry this morning. I'm hoping that we are almost done with the training part. I still have to be hyper vigilant and if I even hear him utter the word potty while he's playing with his toys, we run for the bathroom. But, I don't have to bring extra pants with me everywhere we go now.
I've had to pretty much be in the room with the boys while they are playing to keep them (nicholas) from destroying things or drawing on the carpet for much of the winter. Lately they have not been fighting with each other as much and nicholas has not been as destructive. So this morning while they were nicely playing in the play room I got sucked in to putting their winter clothes in boxes, sorting out the clothes that they have outgrown and getting out their summer clothes. From the other room I heard them playing construction worker and talking about fixing things with tools..... that should have been my first warning but I didn't think anything of it. When I came out of nicholas' room looking for packing tape to tape up the boxes, I saw the two of them huddled next to each other on the floor in front of the bay window. They had a bunch of little things in front of them. I asked what they were doing and they said "Making holes". MAKING HOLES???? I went over and saw that they had gotten a bunch of thumbtacks out (from who knows where, I swear they find these things and then hide them until they get bored and then get them out) and had made a series of little holes in the wall under the bay window. UGH!!!! They went to time out for a long time for that one. When time out was over they promised that they would never make holes in the walls again ever. I never thought I would have to explain to the children that it is not alright to MAKE HOLES IN THE WALL!!!!! BOYS!! I guess it's like father likes sons. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment