Sorry it's been a long time since our last post. Almost two months exactly. Things have been busy lately. And it's cold. In the basement. Where the computer is. So after wrangling the kids to bed the last thing I want to do is sit in the cold basement and write at the computer. It's 50 outside today so I guess I can sit here and write something. :)
The boys are doing good. Nicholas finished transitioning to his toddler room this week. He seems to be happy there. He's definitely less bored and much more tired at the end of the day. Both good things. After he's there for a few weeks we will be taking the binky away. He's in love with it right now so we'll have to introduce some lovey blanket or bear and get rid of that thing. I definitely want to be rid of it before he learns how to ask for it by name... which could happen very soon. He's started communicating with some words more now. He especially likes to say cheese and milk and daddy (pretty much the three things that keep him going through the day). He's still following nathan around a lot. He's starting to play with his own things though they are not as interesting as whatever nathan is playing with. If nathan has something then nicholas wants it too. But the other day they were sitting in the living room both quietly playing with separate toys. It was a great 10 seconds.
Nathan is loving his preschool room. This week they did a unit on outer space and he just loved it. He pretended to be an astronaut and flew to mars in his rocket ship. He's starting to write his letters. He's never really been one for drawing or writing. He's much more in to music and singing and playing instruments for his creative outlet. But he never liked to just sit and draw. But lately he's been asking me if I want to see the S's, N's, Q's, etc that he can make on the paper. His teacher told me that when she sings the strokes that he needs to make to the letters he does much better. Everything is a song to that boy.
As for matt and I, same old same old. Matt's semester started a couple of weeks ago. Work is the same old thing. More, better, faster (with less time, people and money).
Well nicholas has interrupted my half hour of freedom. I'll try to post some pictures in the near future. Enjoy the superbowl, (those who watch). I'll be playing with some legos.
No comments:
Post a Comment