Nathan's birthday is this Saturday. Thursday was Nathan's last day in daycare before his birthday so we brought in cupcakes for his birthday. Matt and I also spent a couple of hours making kites from construction paper that we had asked the kids to color the day before. We spent all night making the cupcakes and kites. We also bought Curious George and the Kite story for storytime (one of Nathan's favorite stories) for the teachers to keep. Of course that morning I had to be in early at work and I had to drop off the kids. Plus with all the stuff I had to make two trips in to school. Nathan was absolutely thrilled when I dropped him off. First of all he was trying to convince me at home that he should have cupcakes for breakfast. But that wasn't flying. So when we got to school he was all excited again because he thought he was going to get cupcakes right away. By the time I came back in with the cupcakes he was sitting at the computer while the teacher printing out a sign that said "Happy 3rd Birthday Nathan" in his two favorite colors right now (black and yellow). He was soooo excited he could hardly contain himself. He brought me over to the paper and said what does it say and I told him and he said "It's for my party?" And I said yes and he just got this huge smile. When I picked him up after school all the teachers said that the kids had a great time running around outside with the kites. . The kids even sat through the whole story (about 50 pages long) and loved it.
There were leftover cupcakes so Nathan asked if he could have one. I told him he could have one after dinner. I decorated the cupcakes with red, green, yellow and brown(chocolate) icing. The chocolate were not too popular because that was mostly what came home but there were a few other colors too. After Nathan ate his dinner he asked for a pink cupcake. He got it and first ate the icing off. Then I saw him start to eat the cupcake. Soon after he said he was finished and I saw that all he ate of the cupcake was the top layer. Basically he ate every last bit of icing off and the part of the cupcake that was not in direct contact with icing was left. Pretty funny.
Today we will travel to PA to celebrate his birthday tonight with Grandma and tomorrow with Grammy and Pappy. So three days of birthday in a row. I don't know how he sleeps at night with all the excitement. :)
Recently he's been having a little trouble when we leave the room at bedtime. He was crying and asking us to leave the light on. So we just reassure him that he's safe and that he can still see by his night light. For the past two nights he's been very good about us leaving but as we start leaving he says "I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm going to be alright". Such a big boy.
Nicholas really has a good grasp on object permanence lately and his memory is getting longer and longer. I'll take a toy away from him and hide it behind some other toy. Then I'll get him interested in something else. As soon as I leave him alone for a second though, he's back to trying to get that first toy. He's been doing this alot at daycare as well.... swiping other kids snacks and bottles, going into the sleeping part of the room and making noise and not wanting to sleep during nap because he's standing up in his crib looking at another friend and giggling. Nathan has been very patient with the swiping of the toys. He'll even share sometimes. Last night I was giving the two of them a bath and Nathan started trying to pour water on Nicholas. Nicholas started giggling and splashing and Nathan was not happy about that. But I told him that's what you get for pouring water on him. So Nathan moved a little bit away from Nicholas and started splashing and the two of them were giggling and having a grand time. Mommy was told to close the curtain though so they could play in peace I guess.
Have a great weekend everyone. Looks like it's going to be nice weather so enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment