Thursday, May 17, 2007

AHH!!! Sigh of relief

Hi everyone,
I know it's been a long time since I last posted. I have been absolutely swamped with work since my last post. In my 9 years of working I have very rarely taken work home. Not because I haven't been busy, just because I don't let work interfere with my life. In the past two weeks though, I've been working from home almost every night. I was not pleased about it but most of the big pressures are now over. The culmination of all the work was a presentation yesterday that went pretty well. It was pretty controversial in terms of "known" theories so we got some very interesting questions but I think it will open up a good dialogue with those people. Notice how I so easily slip into manager speak... kind of scary.

Another thing that has been swamping my time is that I recently have been named recruiting chair for my department. I have a committee and everything but this means that I spend quite a bit of my time looking through resumes and phone screening people. UGH!!!

The boys are doing great. Nicholas went from beginning to crawl two weeks ago to pulling up on everything and even cruising along furniture every now and then. He's tried to go up steps and the up is not that bad. It's the down that gets him. hopefully he will learn it at daycare like nathan did and he will become an expert. His personality is really starting to come out. We've got another little goofball on our hands. He's just so happy all of the time... except of course when we take that extra two seconds to feed him. Then all bets are off.

Nathan is slowly coming to terms with being a big brother. Now that Nicholas can crawl he gets into nathan's toys. And he follows nathan around when Nathan is playing with something. Yesterday nathan got his curious george on a firetruck down to play with. If you push a button it makes noise and drives crazily across the floor (because there's a monkey at the helm... duh). So Nathan took it to one side of the room to play with and there was little nicholas chasing after him. Then Nathan yelled at him and I told him to play with it on the other side of the room. Of course when he did that Nicholas chased after him again... so I had to restrain nicholas and get him interested in something else. Nathan was not too pleased with this situation. He'll get over it though. Sometimes he shares so nicely with his brother without us even asking him too. And sometimes... sharing is the worst thing in the whole world.

I know I promised you all pictures. I will try to get to that tonight. It just feels so good to not have this presentation hanging over my head anymore. Big Sigh of relief.

No comments: