Matt has quite a few nights when he doesn't get home until after the boys go to bed. Also I've decided to work from home early in the morning to let the boys sleep in (i had decided they weren't getting enough sleep when I woke them up at 6:15). So there are also mornings where matt is gone before they even wake up. yesterday was one of those days when matt did not see them at all. What I have noticed recently is that Nathan is very jealous of Nicholas. Nathan wants full attention from one of us. If it's not mommy, then daddy will do... but when only one of us is around that's when the problems happen. Yesterday morning nathan had a break down because he wanted to go downstairs to get breakfast but I had to get nicholas up and dressed. Bad start to the day. then last night it was ok while we were eating because I had fed nicholas before hand and he was playing in the pack and play. but when we were finished eating I started playing with nicholas. And Nicholas was jumping up and down in the exersaucer to get me to laugh. i tried to get Nathan to play with us but all he wanted to do was to get Nicholas out of the exersaucer so he could get in an jump in it...probably to make me laugh. I really felt that jealousy thing from Nathan last night and he started getting all rambunctious and crazy and on edge. He had another breakdown becuase I told him I wouldn't take nicholas' toy away from him so that nathan could play with it. With my cold I had next to no patience last night as it was. I was very ready for them to go to bed.
Nicholas is also going through some changes. He was pretty good most of the night and then I tried to put him to bed. He is usually very easy to put down. I read him a story, wrap him in his blanket put him down and leave. Well last night about 2 minutes after I left he started wailing. (never happens). So I let him go for a little bit then I went back in. He was sitting up in bed. So I laid him back down and he started wailing again. I picked him up to see if he had a dirty diaper but he was fine. So I rocked him for a minute or two and then put him back down and as soon as his head hit the bed he started wailing again. I just stood there for a second not knowing what to do. it was just so out of character for him i didn't know if something was seriously wrong or if this was a new stage. Since i couldn't find anything wrong, I figured it was a stage and I just had to let him cry it out. After about 20 minutes he finally fell asleep. Around 10:30 he woke up again and did the same thing. My bet is teething or maybe just being more active and more aware of what's going on. He is soooo close to crawling. He gets himself up into the crawl position pretty easily and he's started crawling backwards a little bit. Which of course is just more frustrating because the thing he wants is in front of him. But I bet within the next week he'll be going forward.
hope the gloom is gone from the sky by this weekend. I don't think I can take much more rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment