Well it's been a long time since I posted last and nicholas has done a lot since then. On March 30th nicholas cut his first two teeth. He wasn't really cranky about it and we only knew because we saw the teeth poking through. No big deal at all. On April 4th Nicholas had his 7 month appointment. He weighed in at 21 lbs 10 oz and 28 inches long with an 18 inch head. He is a BIG boy... 95th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. But he was very happy and didn't even cry for his shots.
Nicholas is really trying very hard to crawl. He now gets himself into the crawl position and will even balance himself there but as soon as he puts one arm out to reach for something, he falls on his belly. Last night I even saw him push himself from this position back into his sitting position (the starting position for him to get into the crawl position). This is starting to be very frustrating for him. He gets very mad when he gets on his belly and can't reach something. Also he's starting to pull himself up on some things into a standing position. He's such a big boy.
Unfortunately I think our laid back little boy is going to become a crank pot for a little while. Between cutting teeth, getting frustrated about not being able to move much AND realizing that when mommy and daddy leave the room they are still around, just not paying attention to him, the crying factor has magnified exponentially in the last few days. Yesterday he was cranking when I picked him up from daycare, he cried the whole way home, he cried until I got his cereal ready, he cried between bites of cereal, he cried when he was finished with his cereal and mommy was trying to get dinner ready for Nathan and herself, and he cried until mommy was finished eating. Then mommy FINALLY picked him up and played with him and then he was fine and happy. If only mommy would just hold him ALL the time then there would be no problem. I remember nathan went through this stage too. I remember quite a few days where he would scream the entire way home from work. I think nathan did it a little earlier but he also teethed earlier and crawled earlier as well. Last night in the car Nathan was just sitting there and then said pretty pathetically, Nicholas be quiet. He didn't say it mean but he was just tired of the crying... me too. This too will pass I'm sure.
More posts about easter later. Have a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment