We were all sitting at the table having dinner the other night. Our table is a circle but we were just using half of it. It was me, then nicholas in his high chair, nathan and then matt. Nicholas had already eaten and Nathan was not that interested in his food. Nicholas is constantly in awe of his big brother and watches him like a hawk just waiting for nathan to amuse him. Nathan noticed this and he, who loves an audience, started making funny noises and faces and just about climbing up onto the high chair with nicholas... anything to make him laugh. Matt and I both heard ourselves saying something I think we will have to get used to saying.... alot.....
"Do we have to separate the two of you."
You can just tell Nicholas adores his older brother. I remember when Nathan was a baby and he would watch us and follow us around the room. But with nicholas, if Nathan is in the room, he's the one nicholas watches. I can't even get nicholas' attention when Nathan is in the room. I think this could lead to trouble down the road. Nathan will tell nicholas to do something and he just will. well at least they have fun together.
Nicholas update: He now weighs 19lbs, 11oz. He's just about out of his 6 -9 month clothes and he just turned 6 months. He is sitting up really well and yesterday he graduated from the bouncy chair to a real chair for feedings at daycare. Also yesterday his teacher told me he was scooting backwards on his belly. That's not good... that's the first step in crawling. I was hoping nicholas would just be content to sit around for a while. But he will probably want to crawl and walk early just to keep up with his big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment