And what crappy weather it is. It's raining/freezing rain here, but I guess up north they got hit with a lot of snow becuase Uconn was off today. Luckily I heard about it and called matt before he drove too far. The boys and I are at work/daycare today. i'm not sure how long I will stay. It's a ghost town and the weather service is calling for a severe ice storm.
Nathan got to drop off his valentine's day cards today. It's almost worse than halloween in terms of the candy. We knew the day would come but we were hoping it would take a little longer... Nathan now LOVES candy. It was like overnight he just decided that candy was great and could he please have some now please.
Friday night we went out for dinner for my birthday to a local mexican joint. Nathan was not in the mood to sit for very long and I guess he wasn't very hungry either because he ate nothing but a few chips. He was up and down off his chair many many times. But it was all OK because matt and I got to have margaritas with really nice tequila. We were sitting close to the bar and it was pretty funny how many waitresses came by with two margaritas and one kids plastic cup with a straw. There were a ton of children which was great so we didn't feel bad picking nathan up off the floor quite a few times.
I believe nicholas is starting to teeth. It's not that he's really cranky, he's just cranky for him. Plus he has a stuffy nose which makes life horrible as well. most of the time he's happy baby and then for no reason at all he will start crying for a few minutes and then he will be happy baby again. If that's not teething, i don't know what it is. Nathan has really taken an interest in getting nicholas to smile. Yesterday we sat at the dinner table (just the three of us becuase matt was working late) for 45 minutes waiting for Nathan to finish eating. I kept trying to take the food away and he kept saying he was still eating. But really the majority of the time he was looking at nicholas, smiling at him, saying "he's so cute", and generally trying to make him giggle. Then nicholas would drop a toy and Nathan would pick it up. hence the very long dinner. But oh well... they were having fun.
Hope that wherever you are today you are keeping warm and out of the mess that is outside. Have a great valentine's day
No comments:
Post a Comment