I also decided to pull down the wallpaper in the powder room. Unfortunately that room had never been painted so when I started pulling down the paper I realized that it was just plaster board under it. Which meant it was very difficult to get off. So I left that part for the experts. Here are some pictures of the in between stages.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Extreme Home Makeover Part II
I think I'm finally recovering from this weekend. My parents, grandparents, aunt, and sister and her two kids all came up for a long 4 day weekend to help me paint my house. We had decided to pretty much paint the whole main floor. A couple of weeks ago i started pulling the wallpaper down in the kitchen. To refresh your memory take a look at this picture. Pay no attention to the people in it... just look at the walls. 


We (and by we I mean the 7 other adults that were in the house, I don't believe I actually picked up a paintbrush the entire weekend... my job was to entertain the boys and keep them out of the way) painted the walls, ceilings, door jams, registers, fireplace, stairs and hallways. We also replaced three light fixtures including the chandelier over the dining room table as well as ceiling fan and light in the downstairs. I also got to go shopping for curtains which I have now decided is one of the hardest things to do. I'm pretty sure I liked what we picked out. Here's what it looks like now.



I told matt it's a new era. Our house no longer looks like a bunch of college students live there. It looks like grownups live there. Plus since it looks so nice I'm hoping that will give us enough incentive to keep the place clean. So far so good on day 3 post change. So that's what we did. The boys had a great time playing together and we all got to go to the hotel pool and hang out and relax some on saturday night. I think we did a really good job and I'm soooo glad it's finished. I really appreciated all the help we got doing this. What a whirlwind of activity but it's ALL finished (except of course for our bedroom, upstairs bathroom and downstairs rec room... another time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment