Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Saga Continued

And now back to our story....

During the time I was in the hospital my mother in law stayed at our house and took care of the boys for which I will be forever grateful. I was just so glad not to have to worry about them. My mom and matt stayed at the hospital with me throughout the entire ordeal. My dad and sister and my boss came to visit periodically and keep my spirits up. Actually my boss came to interpret what all the doctors were saying which was a great help. I'm just so grateful to have such caring people in my life. I've recieved a ton of cards and flowers from all sorts of people and my pittsburgh contingent of friends even hired someone to come mow our lawn for us. I've been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and I'm so grateful for it.

My mom stayed for another week while I readjusted to life without an IV. Of course this was about 6 weeks postpartum, just about the time some women hit postpartum depression. Between the severity of my illness and postpartum, I started getting very anxious about being left alone and becoming depressed. As soon as possible I went to see my OB about this as well as a therapist. AS of right now I think my hormones are starting to go back to normal and I'm feeling much better. I'm no longer having anxiety attacks when I think about taking care of both of the boys alone. I'm feeling much more confident and I dont' want to spend all day in bed (except of course when Nicholas has a bad night sleeping, but I think that's normal). So after a month and a half I truly feel I'm well into the recovery phase of this whole process.

Of course, Matt, nathan I have all come down with a cold in the last two weeks. Nathan had a fever for 5 days last week and was excluded for much of the week from daycare. Luckily my aunt was here to help me take care of the both of them. This week nathan has been mostly ok but Tuesday evening he had a fever at daycare which means he was excluded again. Luckily matt could stay home yesterday because I had a doctor's appointment I didn't want to miss. Nathan was fine all day yesterday and is back at school today. Tomorrow we are heading to PA for a week. Should be fun to show off the new little peanut. We are also doing his baptism on Sunday.

Nicholas is such a good second baby. Because he's on formula instead of breastfeeding he can go a good 4 hours between feedings. This means he's not ruled by his stomach like nathan was. He has some awake time and then takes a good two hour nap most of the time before he's ready to eat again. In the evenings he gets a little fussier but that's ok. He has a feeding at 11 then again at 4 and then again at 7 so I'm really only up once in the middle of the night which is great. Plus he usually goes back to sleep in the morning till 11 so I can sleep in a bit and even take a shower before he wakes up. He's starting to smile quite a bit and is most amused by light coming in through the windows. Nathan is very sweet with nicholas and seems genuinely concerned when he's crying. He asks him what's wrong and will try to put the binky back in his mouth for him. Very cute.

Well it's almost time for the next feeding and I have bottles to fill.

I'm not sure if I will have time to post whilein PA. hopefully I will get some pictures up. We plan on doing halloween in PA so I'll get some pictures of the costumes up. Have a great weekend

No comments: