Friday, March 24, 2006

The Escape Artist

Yesterday when I picked Nathan up from daycare his teacher said they were going to get alarms for the doors. There are two doors in Nathan's room, one goes out into the hallway and the other goes to their enclosed playground. I said oh really, how come. She said "Because Nathan has escaped three times this week." She said the one time she was changing a poopy diaper on someone else and had her back to the playground door. All of a sudden she hears the door slam shut and Nathan and one of the little girls were outside running around. She had to quick get someone to take the child she was changing and run after them. They have those door handles that are not knobs but handles like for people with arthritis. Which makes it really easy to open. They should just change the door knobs but oh well. Our little escape artist.

Oh and Happy Birthday to Grammy today. I told Nathan it was grammy's birthday and he started singing "Happy Birthday".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hi" Alison, RE: Escape artists, Gram and Pap know all about it. We changed our door handles to the lever type -- Getting "OLD" you know. But now we cannot keep Connor out of areas he should not be in. I had to devise and install homemade locks. He still tries but cannot open those doors. I bet when Nathan come down here he will also test our doors. They are little rascals but we love them to pieces.

Love, Pap and Gram