Thursday, January 12, 2006

Plagues and Bigotry on the Disney Channel

So Nathan and I were watching the Wiggles today. For those not familiar with the Wiggles, they are an Austrailian quartet with a kids show full of dancing, singing, etc. Its no Sesame Street, but its not bad. Anyway, sometimes the show is set up like a TV broadcast - they have features about the weather, etc. Well, on today's weather, there were raining frogs. I originally thought this was a sign of the apocalypse, which we always knew would include Disney. This, however, was one of the few times when I was wrong :). My friends at Wikipedia informed me that frogs were actually a plague set upon Egypt. Still nasty. Anyway, as I was laughing at this, one of the Wiggles picked up a frog, and said: "Where are you from, Paris?" This is almost better than Elmo asking "Who wants to die?"

No comments: