Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas 2005 New Year 2006

I think we've recovered mostly from the holiday season. Nathan really seemed to "get" Christmas this year. We went to the christmas eve service and he loved looking at all the candles. And then all day on Christmas he was just having the best time opening presents. Although it was still slow going. Christmas actually lasted a couple of days because it was just too much to open all the gifts on one day. There are a bunch of pictures below.

We had a good new year too. We had a great time visiting relatives but I'm very happy to be home. Yesterday was Nathan's first day back at daycare after almost 2 weeks off. Since it was kind of crappy weather here I waited until later to go into work. I guess Nathan thought we weren't going in because when we got to daycare he was velcro nathan. He was wailing and screaming and attached to me. I stayed with him for a while (almost a half hour). Finally he became a little less attached to my leg (still sitting next to me) so I left and he started screaming again. When I picked him up at the end of the day the teacher told me yelled for about a half hour and then they had lunch and then he was fine. When I got there he was playing with balls with 2 other boys. He was right by the door when I walked in. He looked up at me and then threw the ball in the opposite direction and went to play with it. He was not interested in going home at all. I knew he'd get over it eventually. Today he was off and playing as soon as we got there. I'm glad it was a quick retransitioning.

The hunger strike is over. For a while there nathan was only eating 2 meals a day, breakfast and lunch. He refused to eat dinner even though we would make his favorite foods for him. But at the very end of the break he decided he would eat dinner again and he has been for about 5 days now. It makes dinner time much more pleasant when all of us can sit down together and eat instead of one of us screaming to get out of the chair.

Not much else going on here. The tree is coming DOWN this weekend. i'm tired of "Nathan don't touch that", "Nathan, leave that alone" "Nathan put that down". Why oh why do there have to be BALLS and STARS on the christmas tree. Those are two of his most favorite things behind mommy daddy and elmo. :)

Have a great day

No comments: