We got a Raffi CD as an alternative to Sesame Street which we have listened to every day in the car for the last 9 months. It's a pretty good CD, i only have a few complaints. 1. It's way too short. The whole CD is only about 35 minutes long. This means, with the few skipped songs that Nathan screams at when they come on, we get through the entire CD in one trip to daycare. That means we go through the CD twice in one day. That's going to wear pretty thin. 2. The CD is so short because the songs themselves are very short. Some are 1 minute or less. Now I know kids don't have a long attention span, but three minutes on a song is not that long. 3. The wait time between songs is pretty long. Nathan will start yelling because he thinks I've turned off the music when we are really just waiting for the next song. AND 4. They really shouldn't let tone deaf kids sing along on a CD for the public. It's just annoying. But I digress. In general Nathan and I like this CD. It's got some cute catchy songs on it. Last night as we were driving home, the last song on the disc came on. It was Old McDonald Had a Band. This is one of my favorite songs on the disc. So I was singing along. The songs ends with a very dramatic Ee Ii Ee Ii OHHH. As soon as it ended I hear from the back seat EEE IIII OOHHHHH. I was laughing so hard it was hard to drive. I guess he likes that song as well. Later on at night I was singing the song to him and he did it again.
Yesterday was a rough day in the morning. He was very cranky but I think it was because he got his flu shot on Wednesday afternoon. He was a real trouper about it too. Just a quick cry and then he was done. He almost fell asleep at 9AM at daycare. They let him just lay on a pillow and rest for a while. If only he would sleep in later then he wouldn't be so tired in the morning. He woke up yesterday and today at 5:30 and there was no going back to sleep. Yesterday he was cranky about it. But today when I went to get him, he just said UP. Then i tried to rock him to see if he would go back to sleep for a bit and he said UP and then did the Hungry sign. He was so clear about what he wanted I couldn't just tell him no and put him back in the crib. So Daddy had to get up and give him breakfast so I could get in the shower and get ready (5:30 is the time I have my alarm go off). He's got some great internal clock, because both days he woke up exactly 6 minutes after my alarm went off. Right before the snooze kicks in.
It's Friday finally. Enjoy your weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment