Friday, October 14, 2005

Rain Rain Go AWAY

It's been raining since last Saturday. Straight. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain until the evening and then Sunday, at last, it should clear up and we may get to see the sun. Wouldn't that be nice... to see the sun again. We've been hearing drums from the backyard or as we fondly call it, the jungle. The natives are getting restless.

As many of you who have kids know, sometimes you have to let go of your privacy. Such as when you have a screaming child and you really have to go to the bathroom and you are home alone. Guess what... said screaming child comes into the bathroom with you and proceeds to pull all (and I mean ALL) of the paper products out from under the sink. (Don't worry, we keep no cleaning products under the sink... what do you need cleaning products for anyway?) Our bathroom is very small anyway and he is still in arm even while you are indisposed. Except for one place... inside the tub. Previously this has not been a problem becuase he had never been able to actually climb inside the tub. Well yesterday he figured out how. Now the tub is polly's favorite place in the world. I do believe she sleeps there. If I'm taking a shower and she's locked out of the bathroom when I turn off the water, she's banging on the door to get in. She loves to jump into the tub right after you get out and lay down in the wet water and drink it from the drain. Polly is Nathan's favorite play toy and the main reason he climbed into the tub was to get at polly. At first he was just dancing in the tub, no big deal. But then, he lays down in the tub on his belly AND.... that's right.... HE LICKED THE DRAIN WATER!!!! EWWW!! And there was not much I could do about it since I was indisposed at the time. I yelled and told him to stop it and he just stood up and grinned at me and then layed down and DID IT AGAIN. By that time I was ready to pick him up. He thought it was just hilarious though. Boys!

No comments: