What state is this country in when Sri Lanka and China and other countries are sending their disaster relief people to help the USA. I just read this on CNN
Asia-Pacific nations including tsunami-battered Sri Lanka promised Friday to send money and disaster relief experts to the United States to help deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
SEND MONEY!!!! They have no money to spare and yet they are going to send us money. What is going on? I was talking to my boss who is from India. He said that every 3-5 years they have major flooding in India. So he's had to deal with this before. He can't believe that the same situation is happening here in the United States. He said it's just as bad in NO as it is in India. We don't live in a third world country. I just don't understand this and it makes my heart heavy to think of all the people who are dying and in such awful conditions because there's no help for them. Where's the Army and the National Guard to help these people.... oh wait, that's right, they're in the middle east. As I heard one person say on NPR yesterday, maybe New Orleans should declare themselves an independent country and then they could get aid faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment