That was the theme for this weekend. What can Nathan do that will just drive mommy and daddy over the edge. And THEN... lets do it about 50 more times. There are only so many "new" places in the house or outside that will hold his attention for about 5 minutes and then it's back to driving mommy and daddy crazy. Lately it's been climbing. He's sooo in to climbing right now. And do you know what the best thing to climb is... that's right, it's the heating registers. They are like a little balance beam right up against the wall. And the one next to the bay window is great because you can try to hold on to the window as you pull yourself up and one day he WILL get into that window. But in the mean time he climbs up there and then falls down and bumps his head and screams. Or he climbs up there and mommy or daddy sees him and takes him down and then he feigns interest in something else for about 30 seconds until they look away and then he's back up there again. It's this fun little game we have.
Matt called me at work yesterday around 3:30 and the first thing he said was "When are you coming home". And I had to laugh because I was contemplating staying late so I could leave earlier later in the week. Monday's are the only day I have that i can stay late since it's the only day that Nathan is not at daycare. But hearing the frustration in matt's voice, I knew this monday was not a day to stay later. Oh well no big deal.
Not too much excitement this weekend. We went out to dinner on Friday night with a bunch of friends. We had a good time. The rest of the weekend we just did grocery shopping and some cleaning up. Matt made a lot of headway with his revisions to his proposal this weekend (thank you susie) and he submitted it back to his committee last night. Hopefully they will approve it quickly.
Serenity is THIS friday. I read a great review of it in New York Magazine. And this was by someone who had never seen the television show. I'm going to post the link and an excerpt. Don't click on the link unless you want to read some MAJOR spoilers. Unfortunately the link I followed to get there did not publish this fact and I know now more than I wanted to. Oh well. Just read the excerpt and go see the movie. The more people that see the movie, the more chance they will make a second movie and a third movie and so on and so forth. There's even talk of bringing it back to TV and that would be just the best. Ok that's enough preaching. Here's the excerpt:
Serenity Now
Go out and see Joss Whedon’s witty whizbang of an action movie, or we will kill a kitten.
By Ken Tucker
As writer-director Joss Whedon proved in his long run on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (seven seasons) and his short one on Firefly (eleven episodes), he has two distinct yet complementary gifts: He can write quick, gabby banter for an array of heroes and oddballs better than any auteur since Preston Sturges, and he can dramatize the camaraderie within an ensemble better than anyone since Howard Hawks. Thus, Serenity—his big-screen expansion of Firefly, bankrolled by Universal because the DVD sold way beyond expectations—is a sci-fi saga that manages to be at once stirring and screwball, gut-busting and gut-wrenching, and more fun than you had at any bigger-budget movie this past summer.Whedon knows you never watched the original TV show, and so he makes that fact not matter. With Serenity, Whedon proves once again that the storytelling and characterization featured by the best television writing are just as rich and deep—often more so—than anything in the cinema. The movie is suffused with a uniquely sardonic romanticism (humor and passion both tart and sweet). And it’s also an action movie that truly defines the term “space opera". Serenity achieves a grandness—a heightened rapture—that few adventure films even have the imagination, or the idealism, to aspire to these days.
And that was written by someone who had never seen the television show. Now back to your regularly scheduled program
2 comments:
I'm also excited about seeing Serenity. It says alot that I'm more excited about seeing Serenity this week than a movie that features Jessica Alba in a bikini.
Alison, did you know that there are now Serenity collectible action figures. There is Mal, Jayne and a reaver. Just to warn you, if you don't want to know what a reaver looks like before you see the movie, don't go looking through the Serenity action figures.
I watched the inside serenity special on Sci Fi last night so I now know what a reaver looks like. I can't wait to see it. I'm already planning on seeing it more than once... it just looks too big to be able to take it all in in one sitting.
Post a Comment