No we really weren't quarentined but it did get your attention didn't it. Last week nathan developed some spots on his face. Nothing really unusual at first. He has pretty sensitive skin (like his mommy) and a small scratch can look pretty red on his face. No big deal right. Well by Thursday he had a lot of these things all over his face and some of them had become filled with fluid. One of the daycare workers told me that one of the other children had had this before nathan. unfortunately when that child went to the dr, he told them it wasn't contagious. Obviously it was since Nathan also had it after that child did. Then I heard from a mom that I work with that her son also had it even though he was in a different room. Nathan had a dr's appointment anyway on Monday so we waited until then to take him in. Turns out it's impetigo. It's a bacterial infection of the skin. So he's on an antibiotic ointment. Unfortunately since it's a virus the policy at daycare is that he has to be on antibiotics for 48 hours before he can come back. That means that I had to take the day off yesterday.
So yesterday I stayed at home. Since I knew I was going to be home all day I decided to bring the group laptop with me and get some work done during nathan's usual 2 hour nap. I should have known this was doomed from the start. Nathan goes to sleep and I go to work. Unfortunately I had not used this computer since January of this year. Therefore the password that was stored on the hard drive was not my current password for the network. After trying multiple different passwords I finally got it right (~20 minutes of trying). I should have just given up then. So the computer finally lets me log on to windows. Then I have to connect to the pfizer intranet through my dsl line. I click on the icon, it connects then logs out and asks you to log back in... this is normal. So I try to log back in and it doesn't like my password... either one of them. So I restart and call the help desk. After much wrangling (~ 1 hour) I finally get online and even connected to my personal files. Ok I have a little while to work right.. maybe he'll even take a longer nap. FIVE minutes into my work I hear crying coming from the other room. I try to ignore it but it just gets louder. Finally I give in and go pick him up. he seems really tired so i snuggle him and then try to put him back down to sleep. he is having none of that. So i gave up and we started our afternoon. i should have known better right.
And now a fire alarm at work
see ya
1 comment:
"A child may be more likely to develop impetigo if his skin has already been irritated or injured by other skin problems, such as eczema, poison ivy, insect bites, or skin allergy to soap or makeup."
Makeup! What are these kids, Jon Benet in training?
Post a Comment