We had a very productive weekend. Matt got up early and drove me and shorty to work. Then he took the car and went and got the rest of the bricks that we needed for the wall. We had finished the hardest part last weekend with my parents (the curved part). Saturday after breakfast we went and picked up the rest of the bricks that wouldn't fit in my car from friday as well as a bunch of plants. By the time we got home Nathan was asleep so we put him in the crib and got to work. We finished building both the walls and I started digging holes for the plants before he woke up. After we had a late lunch, Nathan went into his little gated area with his water table up on our hill while we finished digging holes and planting flowers. Matt went and got more mulch and we spread most of the area. I put Nathan on my back in the carrier and spread the mulch while matt opened the bags and placed it around. By this time it was time for dinner, a bath and bed. Matt went BACK to home depot for more mulch while i got shorty settled in for the night. Sunday while Nathan took his noon time nap we spread the final bit of mulch and cleaned up. Pretty darn exhausting. Every muscle in my body aches, from my feet on up to my neck. Sitting at a desk all day has really made me soft.
As if that wasn't enough excitement for the weekend, the North Stonington Fair was held this past weekend. We went Sunday afternoon after Nathan woke up from his nap. Nathan definitely did not like the cows, he was ok with the goats, I think the roosters will give him nightmares, but the HORSES were GREAT! We sat in the stands while they were doing driver and hitch competitions. At first Nathan was very serious watching all the horses. Then he started pointing at all the horses as they would go by and he started smiling at them. He really liked the horses... that's my boy. We took him in a ferris wheel. I think he liked it but it was hard to tell, he just kind of sat there with us.
And earlier in the day Nathan went for his first ride on the tractor with Daddy. Daddy even put on his ear mufflers on Nathan and he kept them on surprisingly. I think he really liked that as well. After he got off and we were walking around in the back yard, any time he would see daddy in the distance on the lawn mower he would start talking and walkig in that general direction.
All in all a very nice productive weekend. It feels really good to have those gardens finished and I think they really class up the house. I need another day though to just rest. I think three day weekends should be mandatory don't you?
I believe the Gone Buggin' count is now somewhere in the 30s. Where do all those bugs come from. I found one on my pillow in the middle of the night... YUCK!!!!
Have a great day everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment