Saturday night was our big night out. We went out to dinner and allowed ourselves an hour and 15 minutes till the movie previews started (which for me was almost as important as the movie). The movie started at 7:25. At 7:15 we were just getting dessert. At this point, I figured we'd miss the trailers. I was disappointed but the dessert and coffee more than made up for it (yes there was alcohol in the coffee why do you ask?). We still race to the theater and into our seats. As we sit down, the Star Wars trailer is just ending (oh well) and the next preview is just starting. Luck was on our side... it was Serenity, the trailer I wanted to see. Matt and I just started laughing. I thought for sure we had missed it. I can't wait for the movie to come out. It comes out Sept 30th so anyone who wants to babysit that night, mark your calendars. Anyway, the movie itself was pretty good. I thought it was funny but I had never read the book. I heard that some parts were quite a departure from the book but it didn't matter to me. It was very Space Balls meets Monty Python. I liked it.
I do believe that an elephant crawled into bed with us Saturday night and slept on chest because I felt like crap on Sunday morning. I'm hoping that all three of use will be well by this weekend though. Nathan was very happy this morning and didn't even have snot all over his face when he woke up so that must be a good sign right?
I dunked Nathan's head under the water at swim class this week. He did pretty good with that. I made sure he was focusing on me before we went under and made sure his mouth was closed. He went under and back up and didn't start screaming so that's good. He was just a little stunned and trying to wipe his eyes. As soon as I wiped his eyes out he was fine. I noticed last night that during his bath he didn't seem as startled as he usually does when I poured water over his head. That's progress.
Seven steps. That's how many he took yesterday at one time. He doesn't seem too interested in practicing much. Most of the time he crawls but every once in a while he'll try to walk. He's much more interested in going up and down the stairs.
Looks like Nathan may never have to hurt himself learning to ride a bike.
Have a great day
No comments:
Post a Comment