Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Accident Report #7

Yesterday Nathan was playing with his new favorite toy at daycare. It's a push toy that has little balls in it that pop when you push it. It's not a sturdy walker type of toy. You have to be pretty good at walking to play with it because it doesn't give you any sort of support. He loves it because it combines his two favorite things, walking and making noise. Anyway, we was walking around the room with it and must have tripped on something and went head first over the handle into the floor. Swollen lip and bloody nose. There's a line across his nose so they took him to the nurse. It's not tender so they don't think it's broken or anything. Accident Report #7. Can you just imagine when he starts running.

They teach them sign language at daycare. Just a few simple things like eat, more, and all done. He's gotten real good at more. Sunday he was eating cheerios and cleared his plate. He looked at me and did the sign for more before I even got to ask him if he wanted more. He's not so good at all done. Maybe he's never all done. :)

Yesterday I was very cranky. Nathan was up three times throughout the night and the last time he was up for an hour and a half. By that time it was time to eat and get ready for school. So needless to say I was pretty cranky because
I didn't sleep much AND because he should be sleeping through the night and he's not. So I braced myself for battle tonight. I was NOT going to pick him up. I braced both of us for lots of crying. And guess what... he slept all the way through the night till almost 6AM. I just don't understand him. He was teething the past week or so and yesterday I saw the tooth poking out. Maybe it was just his teeth bothering him. Man this is going to be a long two years if he gets this upset over every tooth that comes in.

Our anniversary dinner was yummy. Very nice place and we got to reminisce about that night. Seems so long ago, but really it's not. Maybe it just seems like it since so much has changed since then.

The summer intern is working out well. She's churning out data. I might have to find more stuff for her to do if she's going to the go through the stuff I have so fast. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like you, I kept all of Trevor's accident reports, but I stopped counting when he got into the biting stage - unfortunately he was the bite-ee. It was several reports a month! I guess I felt bad for the other kids' mothers though since theirs were the ones doing the biting. See, the best is yet to come!! :)

Matt said...

Somebody should ask Alison about the water she had a the restaurant. I'm not allowed to talk about it. :)