Thursday, April 28, 2005

Accident Report #6

That was quite the hiatus between accident reports. I believe the last one was in February some time. He got a lot of reports as he was learning to pull up on things and soon I feel he will get a lot of reports as he starts walking. But this accident really wasn't his fault. There is a small climber at school with about 2 or 3 steps on it. Nathan does very well with it going up and down. I guess he was at the top and another wobbly little one was trying to go down and fell and kind of pushed Nathan down the steps. He just has a small bruise on his head. Of course the worst part was putting the ice pack on his head. Yesterday he used the rail to WALK down the steps at daycre. He does so well right now turning around to climb down the steps, I hope he doesn't decide that he'd rather walk down them because our rail at home is too high for him to hold on to.

Yesterday he was also the first daredevil of the older kids in his class. There is a pretty wide low windowsill in this room. They hang things from the top of the window that spin around and look pretty. Can you guess where i'm going with this. Nathan has sat in that window many times. But yesterday he stood on the windowsill and tried to reach the hanging things. Both of the teachers turned around at the same time and saw him and said his name in a concerned voice and he quickly sat back down. Quite the little daredevil. He's also been practicing taking a couple of steps on his own with real balance now, instead of just falling into a couple of steps. I bet by the time we go to PA next weekend he will really be trying to walk. And watching Connor run around will really give him incentive.

We watched the recap of LOST last night. We only put it on our TIVO list since January so we've missed quite a few episodes. I hope the DVD box set comes out soon so we can catch up.

We have secured a babysitter for Saturday night so Matt and I can have date night. I'm excited for Hitchhiker's but maybe more so for the Serenity trailer. I watched it online but I'm sure it's going to be sooo much better on the big screen.

Time to go get trained in some new software. Have a great day

No comments: