That's right, we went 24 whole days without a cold or fever or diarhea or anything. I was able to work 3 WHOLE weeks straight without having to take a day to stay home with Nathan. Our streak was ruined yesterday. Nathan was a happy little boy on Sunday. The happiest I've seen him maybe ever. He woke up smiling (that doesn't happen often) and he just giggled his way through the day. He was trying to walk to us on his own and he was clapping his hands. We went out for breakfast and then went shopping and he was happy all day even though he was probably bored sitting in the cart while Mommy tried on clothes. Sunday night as I was giving him a bath I noticed that he was shivering in the tub. That's somewhat unusual. When I got him dressed I realized that he had a small fever. Gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. At that point I thought to myself that it had been a while since I had to keep him home from daycare. Note, I DID NOT say this out loud so as to tempt the fates, but I guess just thinking it was bad enough. He woke up three times throughout the night and needed some water once and more Tylenol. Monday morning he had a fever that was too high to take him to daycare. So I stayed home with him and we played all day. He was pretty normal when the Tylenol was working. He took a two hour nap during which I accomplished exactly ONE thing (see below). Then he played for a while and actually took a second nap while sitting on my lap. This morning he was tired but the fever was gone and he's back at school . Nothing too dramatic but the wellness streak has been broken. Hopefully it will be at least another month until he gets sick again and hopefully it will just be a slight fever again. Actually i think he's teething which caused a whole lot of mucus and then a fever. But the daycare won't take him with any fever over 100.... so what are you going to do.
Best Buy is on my list again. And this is not my Good list. We bought a DVD-RW at the end of February but never had a chance to try to install it. A couple of weeks ago we tried to install it and the damn thing just wouldn't work. Followed all the directions, went to the support websites, tried everything... the damn thing just didn't work. So on Sunday we tried to take it back to Best Buy. We HAD the receipt and everything. They refused to take it back since it was bought more than 30 days ago. PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! They said take it up with the manufacturer (SONY). So during Nathan's nap, I called them up. After two phone calls, multiple reboots and retrying all the things they suggested which I had already tried, they said YUP it's broken, here's your RMA and send it back to us. I said why don't you send me a new unit and I will ship back the old unit in your PREPAID packaging. Nope that's not their policy, you have to return the unit at your own expense before they will send you a new unit. Again, pain in the butt. So we still don't have the DVD-RW and it could be weeks till we get it back from Sony. And I wasted Nathan's precious nap time on hold. I guess the moral of the story is if you are going to buy something from Best Buy don't wait to try to install it. I had no idea they had a 30 day return policy. I didn't even want my money back, just a replacement, but no dice.
I'm back at work today. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is coming out this weekend with a trailer I've been dying to see (which is supposed to be online as of 4PM today, not that I'm obsessed or anything). Hopefully we will be able to find a babysitter.
Have a great Day
1 comment:
The only things I'll buy at Best Buy are DVDs and CDs, for the exact reason you talked about. I bought my mom and dad a DVD player for Christmas one year, and the thing has never worked right. I even bought the extended warranty, but instead of getting a new machine, the old one had to be fixed. They gave it back and it still doesn't work correctly.
My sister once tried to return a CD that was still wrapped in plastic and they wouldn't take it. So she shops somewhere else. Best Buy needs to realize that in this day and age, commitment to customers is key. Because with the amount of electronics stores around, there's always somewhere else to go.
Post a Comment